Who are we?
We are a Goldman Sachs backed seventy person Fin-Tech start-up that helps every employee in America to have access to a retirement account.
If you want to be part of a team that helps to scale this business to a new audience and helps bring our architecture and processes to the next level, then we would love to hear from you.
We take a modern Agile approach to web development, trusting cross-functional squads to make bottom up decisions in terms of road-map prioritization, technical choices, and day-to-day processes.
We want squads to be first class citizens, working as a team to define their road-map and prioritization, that follows best practices in development, automation testing, deploying, and support.
Who are we looking for?
The Engineering team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5+ years of experience, who can be effective on all levels of our application stack, and is willing to play all necessary roles such as architect, tech lead, code reviewer, Agile coach, and mentor.
In short, we want to bring experienced engineers in to make key decisions regarding technology, architecture, and culture.
You’re a great fit for our team if you can balance detail-oriented tasks with long term strategy and scale initiatives. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
- Extending core business logic within a shared backend codebase
- Architecting, modifying, and working with SQL-based Databases
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting automation test suites
- Experience building, specifying, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Working closely with Product, QA, and other Engineers, in a cross functional vertical team, and a willingness to play any role necessary within that team
Nice To Have Experience
- Excellence in Scala, or a strong history with other languages (Golang, Python, Java, or C++)
- Node, React, and other Js technologies
- Microservice architecture patterns
- DevOps or SysOps background, especially with Docker, and AWS services
- An understanding of SRE best practices, such as post-mortems, logging, alerting, and toil reduction
- CS Degree
Day to day you may additionally…
- Collaborate closely with other Senior Engineers and the rest of the team to determine architecture for our core services
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure
- Provide production support and train the junior engineers
- Open Vacation Policy
- WFH Fridays
- Relocation if needed
Salary Range: $140,000 - $165,000