Are you a Java Engineer who would like to work for the most prestigious news company in the world?
Located in midtown we have been delivering world-class information to millions of people for almost 170 years and have received almost 130 Pulitzers in this time!
What Is The Role?
We have several teams you can join. Such as our Subscription Platforms group develops our core backend services for the digital and home delivery subscriptions.
Our Testing Platforms/Targeting Platforms team: part of our Data Engineering group. This particular team has a major product coming up around a very broadly scoped API that is going to handle privacy regulations for consumers' data.
We are looking for a Java Developer to:
• Build, debug and maintain our services
• Contribute your voice to technical discussions
• Work alongside Project/product management and other members of your team and across the organization
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Java Engineer who also has:
• Understanding of data modeling
• Docker/Kubernetes experience (a plus)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (a plus)
• Experience in system design and architecture and has built-in scale
What Do You Get?
• Base salary from $130,000 to $150,000
• Matching 401(K) in your first year
• Conveniently located in midtown close to Penn and Grand Central Station
• Parental Leave
• Work From Home Several Days a week
• We will reimburse your education that you take while with us
• We have our engineers travel to conferences across the country and world all on our dime
• Working for a publication that has won the most amount of Pulitzer Prizes in history!
We strongly promote diversity in the workplace and encourage candidates with a diverse background to apply.