We are the top name associated with the news industry in the nation, and we are looking for strong GO engineers to help us continue or 170 years+ of excellence and hard work! We take pride in building products that live up to our reputation in journalism.
We have a variety of teams ranging from live breaking news to sports and entertainment departments looking to hire engineers that have a true passion and strong experience with Golang.
What is the Role?
We have several teams you can join. Such as our Subscription Platforms group develops our core backend services for the digital and home delivery subscriptions.
Our Testing Platforms/Targeting Platforms team: part of our Data Engineering group. This particular team has a major product coming up around a very broadly scoped API that is going to handle privacy regulations for consumers' data.
These are just some of the teams you can join!
Your day to day will partake in helping to:
• Write the process to automate and deploy our work
• Build and maintain our tools
• Voice your opinion on technical discussions on how to best gather requirements and develop product features
Who Are You?
We are looking for Engineers who have professional experience in:
• SQL or NoSQL database system data modeling
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
What Do You Get?
• Base salary from $130,000 to $150,000
• Matching 401(K) in your first year
• Conveniently located in midtown close to Penn and Grand Central Station
• Parental Leave
• Work From Home Several Days a week
• We will reimburse your education that you take while with us
• We have our engineers travel to conferences across the country and world all on our dime
• Working for a publication that has won the most amount of Pulitzer Prizes in history!
We strongly promote diversity in the workplace and encourage candidates with a diverse background to apply.