What is the Job?
As our Lead Front End Engineer, you’ll be leading the team that builds web applications for customers, partners, and colleagues. You'll create and maintain web applications, add features to existing products and internal tools, solve challenging UI/UX and process problems, and help create new products from scratch.
As the player/coach of a small team you’ll be driving priorities and projects, mentoring junior engineers, and starting your own process and product initiatives across the entire software organization.
- React/Redux 16+
- Angular 2+
- Testing Libraries (e.g. Jest , React Testing Library, Enzyme)
Why are we hiring for this role?
These are some projects we are currently working on and will be building out:
- New features to extend the capabilities of our shipping, production, analytics and support teams.
- New internal platforms for product distribution and team collaboration.
- New features and products to help onboard and engage patients with our products and services.
- We’re migrating and upgrading our current production grade applications from Angular 2+ to React
- Reusable, tested, and modular components across our applications
- A reusable design language across our platform
- Lead our frontend team. You will mentor junior developers and partner with leads on the product, UX, and backend teams to effectively execute on important company and product objectives.
- Be a major technical contributor. You will redesign UI’s and implement new UI’s for internal and external facing products.
- You will take on hard business and technical problems and solve them however you think best; we're a results-oriented team, so you'll manage your team, time and resources in the way that works best for you.
- You’ll start new projects and evaluate tools and processes you want to bring to our stack or engineering organization.
Who are you?
- 4+ years of programming real world applications, production support, and operations.
- 1+ years experience leading a small team of frontend engineers, mentoring junior engineers or other technical leadership.
- Demonstrated aptitude for architecting and implementing scalable, performance oriented front-end code
- A working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and TDD
Why You Should Join Us?
- Sunny new office located in downtown Manhattan with gorgeous views of the Hudson River and Statue of Liberty
- Competitive base salary, commission plan, and participation in the company equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Access to pre-tax commuter benefits
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked office snacks
- Fun and exciting team events
We strongly promote diversity in the workplace and encourage candidates with a diverse background to apply!