This company is looking for a Director of Cloud Site Reliability and Platform Engineering to join their team. You will have the chance to work for one of the biggest media entertainment company in the world.
As the Director of Engineering, you’re excited and curious about how cloud technology impacts customer satisfaction. With your collaboration, leadership and product-driven mindset, you’ll help drive customer satisfaction and enhance platforms we’re building. You’ll also get to use your technical expertise to inform, mentor and strengthen the skills of your engineering team.
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of 10-15 who build and operate the software used by thousands of engineers across NBCU to manage their resources across both public and private cloud platforms
- Analyze customer needs and develop product roadmaps and backlogs based on organizational goals and customer impact
- Drive engineering innovation by defining strategy, priorities and success metrics
- Manage team budget and vendor relationships/contracts
- Lead the planning, implementation and customer communication of cloud automation, security and cost efficiency software products
- Ensure the team's successful collaboration with our Security, Network and Cloud Architecture teams
- Proven experience in leveraging public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) to deploy highly resilient, mission-critical applications
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including XML, JSON, and design of binary data
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and github
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service
- (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and
- Specific experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Demonstrated ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform,
- Ansible, or Chef/Puppet.
Compensation is: $200,000 + Bonus and industry-leading benefits
-We encourage diverse applicants or candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply
Please contact Chad.Goldstein@Averityteam.com
Averity is a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. These differences, combined with a team attitude and an open communication environment, are what lead us to innovation and an unparalleled experience for everyone we interact with