This company is on a mission to take social media back from big tech. This company is the first social media platform that empowers communities to self-govern, champions realness, and respects user data.
As a Manager, DevOps, you will be required to be an expert in systems architecture, networking, hosting, and high availability all within the cloud. Ideally, this candidate will be open to not only teaching new technologies to the team but learning from existing technologies and processes as well. You will have the added responsibility of managing and helping build a team of DevOps engineers to assist with its core mission to drive automation and infrastructure build-out. This role will involve both personal management and overbite as well as individual contribution.
- Oversee Facilitate collaboration, sharing, trust and cross-pollination of skills with other engineers, product owners, designers, and business units in order to overcome interesting but challenging problems, increase product quality, and optimize the workflows within the organization.
- Hiring/management and mentoring of junior / senior DevOps engineers and/or vendors
- Coach and mentor the team to become better engineers
- Assume responsibility for on-time delivery
- Develop solutions encompassing technology, process, and people.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging processes, techniques, and tooling.
- Work closely with UX, design, development, automation, and operations teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scalability, performance and operability in mind.
- 2nd tier support and shared pager duty responsibilities
- Rotating weekly on-call status/support to provide support to internal users and stakeholders
- Architect & execute the delivery of scalable, secure, and highly available immutable infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Documentation including diagrams, runbooks, and training materials for internal users and developers
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps / SRE.
- 1+ years of experience in Engineering Management.
- Demonstrable Experience with amazon web services (Route53, EC2, ELB, CloudFront, ECS, RDS, ElasticCache, EBS & S3) and / or Google Cloud
- Configuration management experience with one of the following tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Experience with a package manager such as rpm, yum or an equivalent
- Experience with multi-server hosting environments (N-Tier, sharding, scaling, failover)
- A history of collaboration with development, operations, UX, design, and business units within an organization.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and pipelines such as Buildkite, TravisCI, Concourse CI, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Experience working with Docker and Docker orchestration tools such as Docker Compose and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of version control software, git and Github preferred.
- Proficiency with Linux.
Compensation: $200-210K Base + Equity and Benefits
Any interest in learning more?
Please contact: Chad.Goldstein@averityteam.com
Averity is a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. These differences, combined with a team attitude and an open communication environment, are what lead us to innovation and an unparalleled experience for everyone we interact with.