We are a brand new Machine Learning Center of Excellence within one of the best-known reinsurance companies in the world. We are hiring a Data Scientist, Tech Lead to help build out a new team of talented data scientists that will be bringing advanced, state-of-the-art machine learning to our organization.
What is the Job?
• You will be utilizing your Machine Learning NLP skillset to bring our organization up to speed. We're working with a lot of legacy data that needs a fresh coat of paint, everything from claims to real estate data.
• Your team's machine learning models will be applied to extremely big data sets that encompasses decades worth of rich data sets that have never been analyzed before.
• You will be building infrastructure, end to end life cycle analytics and prototype solutions.
• You should expect to be client-facing and interacting with high-level internal stakeholders.
• Our ultimate goal is to build new products, create a data acquisition strategy, monetize our data, and utilize data analytics to improve our customer service and interaction.
Who Are We?
We are a 100-year-old reinsurance company that is part of one of the largest corporate conglomerates in the world. We are located in Midtown Manhattan, and we have over 60,000 employees with nearly 100 offices around the world. We are extremely profitable (over $1 billion in revenue last year) and very stable, and a great company for those interested in work-life balance and quality-of-life perks.
What Skills Do You Need?
• Very strong statistical background and expert-level knowledge of machine learning algorithms and supervised learning (random forest, logistic regression).
• You should be an expert in NLP, with an extensive track record of projects that you're excited to tell us about
• You possess solid engineering fundamentals, using the likes of Big Data tools such as Spark in production.
• Masters or PhD in a STEM field.
• $150,000 - $170,000