Are you a Data Engineer looking for an opportunity to work with large scale Big Data sets, a lot of which is alternative data. Do you like building infrastructure and thinking critically about the data you're ingesting? Do you have an interest in Financial Markets and how data can drive investment strategies?
What's The Job?
As a Data Engineer on our team you will be building infrastructure to support the research & technology needs of the Data Science team. You will be building data pipelines from scratch and setting the quality assurance standards. You'll be part of an agile Data Science team whereby collaboration is a key component to our success.
Who Are We?
We are leading Hedge-Fund, based out of NYC, that's focused on equity investing. They invest in the public equity markets on a global scale focusing on the stocks of select companies.
What Skills Do You Need?
- PREFERRED Master's and/or PhD Degree from Ivy League or Peer Institution
- REQUIRED Finance Background, Hedge-Fund experience preferred
- Strong proficiency with Python as your primary language
- Experience with building ETL Data Pipelines from scratch
- Experience pulling large data sets using SQL
- Experience with Cloud: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working with Big Data solutions using Spark or DataBricks is a major PLUS!
What's in it for you?
- $250,000 - $300,000 Total Comp
- Annual bonus
- Full Benefit Package
We are big proponents of diversity, and encourage diverse applicants / candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.